Non-Honor Flight military memories (215)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do you tell folks about war?

Sometime back before 9/11/201 I was a member of a Marine Moms message board. As soon as they said we were going into Afghanistan. I went lo…

Started by Ricardo Jacques

3 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Jeff Wenum

The French Knew how to Live!

In July/Aug 1970 my unit, C, 227th, AHB, 1 Cav, the Ghostriders, deployed 6 UH-1H Huey helicopters and crews to Tay Ninh West to support AR…

Started by Charles L. Anderson

1 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Claudia Bartow

A brief history of U.S. military camouflage

Check out this article and video from USA today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/08/01/history-camouflage-military-unite

Started by Claudia Bartow

0 Aug 3, 2014

my first day at boot camp, Augusta, Georgia

My first day, while standing in formation, I happened to pass some gas. Yes FART! The drill sergant found this not so amusing!  He proceded…

Started by elster w carter

1 Jul 20, 2014
Reply by Claudia Bartow

Funny! This is one lazy Naval officer

Ok, so I have seen this story on the Internet several times, which as much as I can find originated on the site called reddit.com within a…

1 Apr 29, 2014
Reply by Jeff Wenum

Military Wisdom (AKA Military Humor)

Funny stuff! Thanks to member Bill McKinnon for sending this. Bill's favorite is from the USS Columbus Ships Organization and Regulation Ma…

0 Apr 9, 2014

My decision to enlist

I graduated from high school in June of 1967. The war in Vietnam was raging, and it was now upon me to make my own decision. Go off to coll…

Started by Richard Boyd

2 Feb 9, 2014
Reply by Jeff Wenum

84 Year Old Sniper

This World War II sniper proves he still has what it takes. Thanks to member Bill McKinnon for sending it to me. Click the link below for t…

0 Jan 5, 2014

Marine Corps Memorial

My oldest son(Marine) and I went to Arlington,Va. in Nov.2000 for the Marine Corps birthday. The event was called 'Arlington Ridge' at the…

Started by Jeff Wenum

4 Dec 19, 2013
Reply by Jeff Wenum

Happy B-Day!

First, I want to say Happy Birthday to the Marine Corps. To all the "Jar Heads" out there, I hope your Day was as good as it could be!   Se…

Started by Geoff Colt

1 Nov 11, 2013
Reply by Claudia Bartow

RSS

© 2017   Created by Claudia Bartow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service