Non-Honor Flight military memories (215)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Uncle Bill and the USS Salamaua

My Dad and his twin Brother (Uncle Bill) joined the US Navy shortly after Pearl Harbor. They were Seniors in High School but left early (as…

Started by Bill McKinnon

3 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by Claudia Bartow

Funny experience in Athens Greece

Back in the day we gave tours of the ship I was stationed aboard. I was assigned to give tours of the navigation bridge. A Greek Orthodox m…

Started by Bill McKinnon

1 Oct 14, 2013
Reply by Claudia Bartow

Tragic but True

Seems the number 1 Killer of Combat Veterans is Suicide! How tragic! Our Military is so thin in the number of Troops that the same Soldiers…

Started by Geoff Colt

0 Sep 18, 2013

Speaking to students at the local High School

The step-son of my son Brian asked me; if I would speak to their class. My granddaughter Rose is also a member of that class. I made a smal…

Started by Ricardo Jacques

6 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Claudia Bartow

LOST FILM FOUND- Honolulu, Hawaii, August 14, 1945

For those of us who were not alive in 1945, it is hard to imagine the "colorized" version of anything that happened in World War II.  Histo…

Started by Claudia Bartow

0 Sep 11, 2013

Post Traumatic Stress aka Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

In a book that I'm now reading, it states it like a trench/hole that keep's falling in. It easier to dig out that trench than it's to heal…

Started by Ricardo Jacques

1 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by Ricardo Jacques

Medal of Honor Earned, then Stolen- The Quest to find it before it is too late

Unbelievable story of how a World War II veteran's Medal of Honor was stolen, then thought found, then lost again... http://www.foxnews.com

0 Jul 5, 2013

What You Don't Know About the Declaration of Independence

Ah.  The document that made us a country, literally declaring independence from Great Britain all the while bullets flew during the Revolut…

0 Jul 5, 2013

The Japanese Zero and How We Learned to Fight It

Note:  This fascinating story was sent to me by member Ron Albers.  The author is unknown.  If you know where this came from or the author,…

0 Jun 14, 2013

"Celebrate" Memorial Day??

When you reflect on what Memorial Day is supposed to be, how does one "Celebrate" those who gave the Ultimate Sacrifice? It's time to Remem…

Started by Geoff Colt

2 May 28, 2013
Reply by Richard Boyd

RSS

© 2017   Created by Claudia Bartow.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service